A motivational leader, you will direct a team of engineers to deliver a coordinated set of programs for advanced catheter-based technologies that support timely and successful clinical evaluation and commercialization worldwide. An excellent communicator, you will work cross-functionally and with clinical advisors to ensure business success, all while promoting a passion for innovation.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do
- Support and advise the VP of R&D, directing and resourcing the R&D team to deliver advanced catheter-based programs on time and on budget to ensure business success.
- Develop and promote a culture of technical innovation, engineering from first principles, and a philosophy of being knowledge leaders in the field.
- Direct the innovation and knowledge capabilities of the company, creating technological value for the business.
- Work closely with strategic marketing, clinical, and commercial functions to define patient and user needs, to support execution of clinical and commercial programs, and to develop relationships with KOL’s.
- Promote a quality culture across R&D team, grounded in compliance and delivering products to specification on time and in budget.
- Proactively manage project technical risks and implement risk mitigation measures.
- Communicate effectively, supporting cross-functional business processes such as strategic planning, complaint investigation, review of invention disclosures, review of business critical documents, and problem solving.
- Work with the VP of R&D and finance functions to ensure efficient deployment of capital on R&D programs.
What you bring
- A BSc in biomedical, electrical, mechanical, materials or industrial engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience in R&D management in MedTech, with a track record of bringing new products through development to commercialization.
- Hands-on experience successfully leading advanced catheter development programs from concept to commercialization.
- Demonstrated leadership experience building and managing cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams on complex projects, delivering outstanding results.
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of self-motivation, proactive attitude, and sense of ownership and personal responsibility
- Lead by example to build a positive, supportive, respectful culture that motivates and enables the team to accomplish strategic objectives, taking ownership for decisions and meeting commitments.
- Apply for this position. Upload your CV and the reasons why you’re a great fit for this job.
Apply for this position
Upload your CV and share the reasons why you are a great fit for this job.