Senior R&D Project Manager (Location: Galway, Ireland)
You are a problem-solver able to understand physiology and clinical challenges, and leverage your strong grasp of technical fundamentals to engineer creative solutions in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team in order to deliver leading-edge technology to heart failure patients.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do:
- Manage resources, budget, timeline in order to achieve key milestone of clinical evaluation of WhiteSwell System therapy
- Provide technical leadership to the R&D project team, managing planning and execution to plan
- Work with other leaders and managers to provide sound advice and influence direction of business
- Lead by example to build a positive, supportive, respectful culture that motivates and enables the team to accomplish strategic objectives
- Report to the VP of R&D as a key advisor responsible for technical, planning and people management and program risk mitigation
- Work to address clinical needs and market requirements
- Promote a culture of technical innovation, first principles engineering, open communication, commitment to quality, and a philosophy of being the knowledge-leaders in the field of business
What you bring:
- A BSc in biomedical, electrical, mechanical, materials or industrial engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- A proven track record managing a MedTech R&D project from concept to the clinic
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience working with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams on complex projects
- High level of self-motivation, proactive attitude, and sense of ownership and personal responsibility
- Ability to build and manage teams that deliver outstanding results