Senior R&D Engineer (Location: Galway, Ireland)
You’ve got a thirst for knowledge and are driven to solve complex technical challenges that will translate into innovation that advances clinical care for heart failure patients. You are technically competent, highly motivated, and able to work well on teams.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do:
- Research and deliver complex catheter system technologies to accelerate the next generation of WhiteSwell devices to market.
- Detailed project planning and leadership of various stages of product development, including concept development, rapid prototyping, detailed design from first principles, and design for manufacture.
- Promote an innovation mind set, identify improvement opportunities, suggest solutions, and submit patent disclosures.
- Develop clinically relevant in-vitro and ex-vivo test protocols to profile device performance across a range of clinical scenarios.
- Liaise with the clinical community and specify design input requirements for devices being developed.
- Develop solutions to technical challenges as they arise while adhering to regulatory requirements and working within the quality system.
- Ensure direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Provide mentoring to less experienced team members.
What you bring:
- A BSc or MSc in biomedical, mechanical, materials or industrial engineering.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role at a MedTech company.
- Experience in the development and production of medical devices that require complex processes and assembly techniques and a proven ability to deliver results in this setting.
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of self-motivation, proactive attitude, and sense of ownership and personal responsibility
- Lead by example to build a positive, supportive, respectful culture that motivates and enables the team to accomplish strategic objectives.