Research & Development Engineer (Location: Shefayim, Israel)
You are motivated by innovation that impacts lives. You excel when dealing with complex challenges, able to dive into the details while keeping an eye on the overarching objectives.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of the engineering team on new product development projects, specifically component, process, and supplier development.
- Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations. Build and test prototypes, analysing test data to identify optimal solutions to technical challenges.
- Develop product training materials considering physician and clinical needs.
- Research state of the art technologies to identify technical capabilities that can advance and accelerate the company’s R&D projects and enhance product manufacturability.
- Implement DFM and DFA techniques into the design and development process.
- Evaluate, with the team, the design and supply chain risks in the project and develop strategies to highlight, monitor, manage and mitigate these risks.
- Prepare reports, documents, procedures, specifications, and technical documents in accordance with Quality System requirements to ensure the success of the project.
What you bring:
- A BSc or MSc in biomedical, mechanical, polymer, materials or industrial engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical role at a MedTech company or an industry with regulated products and processes.
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and medical device processing technologies.
- Excellent oral and written English language and communication skills. Can express yourself spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in complex situations.
- Proficient in SolidWorks CAD design.
- A self-starter who can deliver the work required to advance the project with a minimal amount of direction.
- Hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments by following through, acting with a clear sense of ownership, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.