R&D Manager (Location: Galway, Ireland)
As leader of a diverse team of engineers, you will guide technical innovation and collaborative problem-solving in order to deliver and support a system for clinical evaluation. Leading by example, you will promote a passion for innovation, a science-driven culture, and a commitment to meeting key milestones and executing project plans.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do:
- Support and advise the VP of R&D, managing day to day R&D activities, ensuring high performance as a motivated, cohesive team, committed to delivering world class products.
- Provide technical leadership to the R&D team, promoting a culture of technical innovation, first principles engineering, and a philosophy of being knowledge leaders in the field.
- Work with other technical leaders, managers and senior management to influence and promote business priorities, de-risking and resourcing as needed to deliver on milestones.
- Promote a quality culture across R&D team, grounded in compliance and delivering products to specification on time and in budget.
- Support KOL relationship development with technical demonstrations, data, presentations.
- Build a well-functioning team, developing talent, overseeing training, and providing constructive feedback and performance reviews.
- Support the VP of R&D in managing the innovation process, invention disclosure and IP filing.
- Support pre-clinical, clinical and commercial initiatives.
What you bring:
- A BSc in biomedical, electrical, mechanical, materials or industrial engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- 10+ years experience in MedTech R&D, with a track record of bringing new products through development to commercialization.
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams on complex projects, delivering outstanding results.
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of self-motivation, proactive attitude, and sense of ownership and personal responsibility.
- Lead by example to build a positive, supportive, respectful culture that motivates and enables the team to accomplish strategic objectives, taking ownership for decisions and meeting commitments.