R&D Director (Location: Galway, Ireland)
You will structure and lead the R&D team to develop technologies that ensure business success. Leading by example, you will develop and promote a culture of technical innovation, engineering from first principles and a philosophy of being the knowledge leaders in the field of business.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do:
- Direct R&D activities, supporting and advising the VP of R&D, ensuring high performance as a motivated, cohesive team, committed to delivering world-class advanced catheter-based products.
- Communicate effectively with members of the management and engineering teams.
- Direct innovation and knowledge capabilities of the company in order to create technological value for the business.
- Promote a quality culture across R&D team, grounded in compliance and delivering products to specification on time and in budget.
- Support clinical and marketing teams in execution of programs that build KOL relationships and promote market development.
- Work closely with strategic marketing and clinical functions to understand user and patient needs.
- Support cross-functional business processes including strategic planning, invention disclosure review, complaint investigation, critical document review and problem-solving.
- Work with the VP of R&D and finance functions to ensure efficient deployment of capital on R&D programs.
What you bring:
- A BSc in biomedical, electrical, mechanical, or materials engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- 10+ years experience in R&D management and leadership in MedTech, with hands-on experience successfully leading advanced catheter development programs from concept to commercialization.
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams on complex projects, delivering outstanding results.
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of self-motivation, proactive attitude, and sense of ownership and personal responsibility.
- Lead by example to build a positive, supportive, respectful culture that motivates and enables the team to accomplish strategic objectives, taking ownership for decisions and meeting commitments.