Polymer Chemist (Location: Shefayim, Israel or Galway, Ireland)
A self-starter, you seek and innovate to solve complex challenges based on a foundation of polymer chemistry expertise. At WhiteSwell, you will formulate and deliver a next generation coating for an innovative therapeutic medical device for the treatment of acute decompensated heart failure.
What you’ll do:
- Define and specify the characteristics of the next generation of coatings for the company’s blood contacting and indwelling medical devices that render the surface benign to blood constituents, closely collaborating with technical leadership.
- Conduct formulating and process trials to identify critical coating performance parameters.
- Build the organization’s polymer formulation and test capabilities, specifying and acquiring the necessary monomers, prepolymers, catalysts, processing aids, formulating ingredients, and test equipment.
- Generate coating concepts and formulation chemistry concepts within to team to address product performance criteria, leveraging the company’s in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo capabilities to optimize coating chemistry and process technology.
- Solve complex technical problems and take a leading role in Root Cause Analysis investigations.
- Research state of the art technologies that relate to the scope of the program in order to advance and accelerate the company’s surface chemistry projects and enhance manufacturability.
- Develop and implement component, process, test and design validation methodologies in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Support transfer to production, including training of manufacturing operators and other team members, and provide support throughout development and commercialization.
What you bring:
- A degree in Organic/Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Science, or Material Science. Preferably an MSc or PhD in synthetic or polymer chemistry.
- A minimum of two years of industry experience, preferably in a formulating or related environment.
- In-depth knowledge of organic chemistry and polymer chemistry and a depth of understanding of fundamental principles of chemistry.
- A strong analytical and statistical mind-set and a good understanding of laboratory equipment.
- A strong understanding of chemical process hazards and the ability to work in accordance with statutory and local Health and Safety Regulations.
- Proactive mindset to identify and deliver the work required to advance the project with a minimal amount of direction, while able to collaborate and work with a diverse team.
- Fluent, professional level English language skills.